Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hannah n daddy...





















last weekend was a hectic weekend for me. I had promised my 1 year old daughter to take her out, spend some quality time with her. I know, she's only 1 year..she doesnt speak yet..but a promise remain the same. So i had to make some adjustment and brought her with me to my dinner appointment. Believe it or not, that was the first time that she was left alone with me...no mummy, no bibik to back me up..

Since shireen gave birth, Hannah's been stuck in the house for the past 3 weeks. since we wont be needing her car seat in the car i placed her carseat in the house. I noticed she kept on sitting on her carseat n thats when it struck me that she missed her 'quality time' in the car. As she is the boss in the car, she gets to watch her barney, her chugginton vcd and some other cartoon in the car. if we drive back to ipoh for 2 hours, thats how long she wants her barney.

so the journey from our house to curve was somehow pleasant. she sat comfortably in her seat, singing along to her favourite cartoon, clapping and dancing excitingly. once we made it to curve she sat in her stroller for a good 45 minutes (trust me she never sat that long) until she saw some balloons at the shop. so i quickly strolled her to Marche where i met some friends there.

In the presence of strangers im quite impressed at how she behaves..at dinner she sat quietly, staring at people and trying to register each and everyone there.( i secretly think that mummy has taught her to give full report on daddy's activities.)

so we sat nicely and i managed to make conversations with friends until she saw some balloons there.. oh how it turned into chaos when she wants to play, running around holding her balloons.
And when she got tired, she became cranky and thats the cue i've been waiting for. i gave her formula and she rested in her stroller until we made it to the car. And hannah cant never sleep without her bolster (bob) and pacifier (puting).

Cut the long story short, without those two things, all hell broke loose.. she cried and not even barney can calm her down when she's tired and cranky. boy was i glad it was only a 10 minutes drive..

It was a meaningful weekend for me.. and for hannah too i think. we needed that father-daughter quality time away from mummy and annoying bibik.. hahaha.. I Heart You Hannah Raeesa...

No comments: